Ground based 3D Modeling (Close Range Photogrammetry & TLS)
November 17-19, 2018
Host: GECO Lab - University of Florence (DICEA), ISPRS, IIRS
Locations: Case studies for data acquisition - Forest Research Institute (FRI) and clock tower in Dehradun
Theoretical lectures and data processing - Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun
Date: Saturday, November 17, 2018 to Monday, November 19, 2018
Times: 09:00 - 18:00 IST (UTC+5:30)
The Ground based 3D Modeling (Close range Photogrammetry and TLS)
pre-symposium tutorial will be an opportunity for scholars, students,
researchers, archaeologists, architects, restorers, conservation
scientists, geomatics engineers in the surveying and heritage fields to
deepen their knowledge and practice in the use of up-to-date
reality-based 3D technologies: digital photogrammetry and Terrestrial
Laser Scanner (TLS).
The tutorial activities will be divided in:
• on-the-field data acquisition, for the digitization of significant case studies placed in Dehradun, through both laser scanner and close range photogrammetry techniques
• in-class basic theoretical lectures about 3D surveys and ground based Technologies
• overview of data processing workflow and software
By the end of this training, the participants will learn:
• basics of data acquisition for 3D survey with TLS and photogrammetry techniques
• data processing to produce 3D models with metric quality
• Three days training, including both field activities and theoretical lectures - November 17-19
• Pre-conference event for the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) Technical Commission V Symposium on "Education & Outreach - Geospatial technology - Pixel to People"
Scholars, students, researchers, archaeologists, architects, restorers, conservation scientists, geomatics engineers in the surveying and heritage fields.
Registration fee to attend this training are available at the symposium website.
The registration to the ISPRS symposium is not mandatory, but highly encouraged.
Register for the training
Day One: November 17
Data acquisition at the Forest Research Institute* (Chaturvedi Road, Dehradun)
Day Two: November 18
Data acquisition at the clock tower* (Rajpur Road, Dehradun)
Day three: November 19
Theoretical lectures about the involved techniques and data processing (Indian Institute of Remote Sensing 4 - Kalidas Road, Dehradun)
* Dates may vary depending on local authorizations
Application Area: Digital surveying of Cultural Heritage
Available Languages: English
Instruments: terrestrial laser scanner, digital camera, total station
Keywords: digital surveying, cultural heritage, TLS, photogrammetry, topography, 3D models, cloud points